Thursday, December 2, 2010

Settling In

This is not the first time I started blog for my shakuhachi practice. However, much like my Zen practice, the longer I keep at it, the more it gets under my skin. The longer I keep at it, the more I want to play.

my current practice routine.

1. Blowing long tones with each note in Otsu.
2. Octave changes.
3. Repeats (up and down Otsu X2)
4. Trills (up and down Otsu X2)
5. head movement drills -meri, kari, in and out, muwashi

Kimigayo X2
Sakura X2
God Save the Queen* X2
Kagome Kagome X2
We Wish You a Merry Christmas* X2

* I like these because they are getting me used to utilizing Meri.


In a couple of weeks I will be getting a Shakuhachi Yuu and a book that I will be working from, at least in terms the songs, if not the exercises. I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment